The D.C. Board of Funeral Directors regulates license funeral directors and funeral home establishments. The Board’s mission is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the citizens in the District of Columbia by upholding the District of Columbia Funeral Directors laws and regulations. The Funeral Directors license law is defined in the Municipal Funeral Directors Regulations.
The Board consists of five members appointed by the Mayor. Four members must each hold a funeral director license and have practiced for a minimum of three years. One member must be a non-licensed funeral director representing consumers. Three members of the Board constitute a quorum.
The Board meets on the first Thursday of each month at 1:00 p.m. at the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs located at 1100 4th Street, SW, Washington, D.C. 20024.
Board meeting minutes are available at www.open-dc.gov.
Current Board Members & Staff
- John McGuire – Chair, Funeral Director
- Asanti Williams – Funeral Director
- Duane Hills – Funeral Director
- Randolph Horton – Funeral Director
- Ernest Boykin – Consumer Member
- Nicole McClendon – Program Coordinator
- Andrew Jackson – Board Administrator
- Kevin Cyrus – Education Coordinator
To apply for a vacancy, please visit the Mayor’s Office of Talent and Appointments for more information and an application.